Dirroci – Get ready for your Windows 10 migration by taking these seven steps to minimize risks, costs and the duration time of your project.
The first step towards initiating a comprehensive portfolio analysis is to gain an overview on all hard- and software assets used within the enterprise. This overview builds the foundation for defining the software portfolio to be made ready for Windows 10 and only these applications will be tested against the new OS. This rationalization will save resources and unnecessary expenses. In case of warnings or error messages occurring during application compatibility testing, applications can be auto-fixed or re-packaged in order to ensure a safe and reliable availability in combination with the new OS.
Step 1: Machine Discovery
Scanning the network/s to discover all IP devices delivers high transparency, which again makes a holistic approach possible towards the Windows 10 migration. The list of all devices in use is the pre-requisite for detecting the complete software inventory.
- All devices within a network at a glance
- Entire overview of your IT infrastructure
Powered by RayVentory
Step 2: Software Inventory
By means of agent-based or agentless inventory (remote and local), you obtain a data collection, which can be used for further processing in systems like a CMDB or SAM etc. – and this data can also be used for application recognition. The list of raw software inventory shows the number of installations used and their versions.
- Flexibility to use agent-based or agentless inventory
- Software Metering – Analysis of software usage
- Inventory of all hardware and software assets, including server environments/data center
- Delivery of data for further processing in your license management tool, CMDB and for software rationalization
Powered by RayVentory
Step 3: Application Recognition
The comprehensive software recognition report includes detailed information on all recognized software products including the number of installations. This list not only shows risks, but also recognizes optimization potential by listing the variety of installations, identical core functionality, etc.
- List of software subject to be licensed and freeware
- Enormous potential of achieving cost savings through recommendation of FOC software alternatives
- Further rationalization possibilities depending on company requirements
Powered by RayVentory Advanced
Step 4: Application Rationalization
You will receive our recommendation for actions to be taken for the rationalization of your software landscape whilst considering your software strategy. This includes not only the list of all software versions in use, but also a detailed description of existing alternatives whilst considering critical and economic aspects.
- Saving license costs by means of rationalization
- Reduction of operational costs by means of consolidation of the version variety
- Reduction of software readiness and deployment costs
- Basis for the definition of the standard shopping basket
Powered by Professionals
Step 5: Application OS Collision Detection
We test your applications against the operating system guidelines of Microsoft. Based on a “traffic light status” we show you the possible utilizability of your software on a windows 10 operating system. The detailed report shows incompatibility issues, such as invalid or outworn API requests, Windows components out of support, conflicts regarding security and user account control (UAC), incomplete restart sequences and further results. By means of so-called smoke testing, the application will be tested regarding its installation, uninstall and repair.
- Basis for planning of software readiness and deployment
- Minimization of rollout risks and cost of operation
- Basis for further analysis in case of incompatibility issues -> Possibility of virtualization
Powered by RayQC Advanced
Step 6: Application Collision Remediation
Conflicts can be eliminated by automatic remediation of installation resources by means of adding Merge Modules and Manifest Files, adjustments of installation sequences regarding the execution of custom action, or by replacement of invalid or static notations of standard folders.
- Reduction of efforts during the packaging phase
- Saving costs by fully automated remediation
Step 7: Application Integration Detection
Not only do we test to find conflicts between software products, but also the compatibility of applications against your “Golden Image“ (basic image including drivers, group policies, standard applications, etc.). Furthermore, we check whether an application can be virtualized. The tests allow to determine whether a software package is ready for a defined target format and it checks on general criteria of virtualized operation modes.
- Further testing options against customer specific OS configurations
Powered by RayQC Advanced